Personal Care Aides (sometimes called Continuing Care Aides, or CCAs) work as aides and caregivers in long term care facilities, home care, and in primary care facilities. Trained Personal Care Aides provide personal care and assist in the activities of daily living for clients/patients/residents to encourage their optimal level of functioning.
The Earn While you Learn Program is a partnership between Saskatoon Health Authority and Saskatoon Business College (Personal Care Aide diploma program). The goal of the program is to increase the number of employees available for relief work while giving the individuals the opportunity to earn income while they study. Starting wage is $21.61 per hour. Programs are offered for urban and rural areas.
If you are interested in this program, the first step is to attend a mandatory Information Session at SBC to learn about prerequisites, curriculum, funding, job opportunities, and the paid practicum. Call 306-244-6333 to book your session now, or RSVP using the form at the bottom of this page.
This program accepts Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only.
Interested in the SBC Urban (Saskatoon Campus) program?
Recruitment for March 2022 is open. All applications are done online. Apply today!
Application process for PCA program:
1. Complete the online application.
2. Submit the following documents to the registrar at email@example.com
– Original grade 12 transcript
– Submit your resume with 3 references (at least 2 should be work related)
(a) If educational documents are not in English, notarized English translations are to be provided
(b) If you do not have your original Canadian Grade 12 or Adult 12 transcripts, please request online at https://www.saskatchewan.ca/government/government-structure/ministries/education or call 1800-597-8278.
3. Once you have submitted the documents above, SBC will contact you for any other information/document/file needed.
4. Do not pay the application fee until you receive confirmation from the Registrar that all requested comments/files are received.
Interested in the Rural Program? Read more